Getting a flu vaccine is more important than ever to protect yourself and the people around you from flu, and to help reduce the strain on healthcare systems responding to the COVID-19 pandemic. The Centers for Disease Control recommends that everyone six months of age and older should get a flu vaccine, and this year the Massachusetts Department of Public Health is requiring the influenza vaccine for all children 6 months of age or older who are attending Massachusetts child care, pre-school, and K-12 schools.
Save time by getting your flu shot safely and conveniently at the Nantucket Cottage Hospital drive-through. No appointment is necessary, and flu shots can be provided at no out of pocket cost with most insurance plans. Simply ensure you are registered with Mass General Brigham*, then arrive at the hospital’s main entrance portico, Lane 2, anytime during our expanded hours starting Monday, Sept. 14:
- Monday to Friday: 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday: 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Sunday: CLOSED
To ensure the safety of our patients and staff, as well as efficient service at the drive-through:
- Flu shots will be given in your car (young children can be given the flu vaccine in the portico tent with a parent if necessary)
- NCH staff will be wearing masks, gloves, and eye shields
- Patients are required to wear face coverings
- Make sure your upper arm is accessible to the medical staff: wear a short-sleeve shirt
- No pets allowed in cars at the drive-through
- Most insurance plans cover the cost of flu vaccination but if you have questions regarding cost, please check with your insurance carrier.
*IMPORTANT: Before you can receive your flu shot you must be registered with Mass General Brigham (formerly Partners Healthcare) by calling 866-211-6588. If you have received care at Nantucket Cottage Hospital in the past you are already registered, however, it is a good idea to confirm and update your information by calling the number above. Hours of operation to call and register: 7:30 a.m. – 6 p.m. Mon-Thurs; and 7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. on Fridays.