Getting a flu vaccine is more important than ever to protect yourself and the people around you from flu, and to help reduce the strain on healthcare systems responding to the COVID-19 pandemic. The Centers for Disease Control recommends that everyone six months of age and older should get a flu vaccine, and this year the Massachusetts Department of Public Health is requiring the influenza vaccine for all children 6 months of age or older who are attending Massachusetts child care, pre-school, and K-12 schools.
Save time by getting your flu shot safely and conveniently at the Nantucket Cottage Hospital drive-through. No appointment is necessary, and flu shots can be provided at no out of pocket cost with most insurance plans. Simply ensure you are registered with Mass General Brigham*, then arrive at the hospital’s main entrance portico, Lane 2, anytime during our current hours. Hours are subject to change at any time and can be verified at the NCH website. The drive-through flu shot service ends November 20: current hours as of November 7, 2020 are Monday – Saturday: 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
To ensure the safety of our patients and staff, as well as efficient service at the drive-through:
- Flu shots will be given in your car (young children can be given the flu vaccine in the portico tent with a parent if necessary)
- NCH staff will be wearing masks, gloves, and eye shields
- Patients are required to wear face coverings
- Make sure your upper arm is accessible to the medical staff: wear a short-sleeve shirt
- No pets allowed in cars at the drive-through
- Most insurance plans cover the cost of flu vaccination but if you have questions regarding cost, please check with your insurance carrier.
*IMPORTANT: Before you can receive your flu shot you must be registered with Mass General Brigham (formerly Partners Healthcare) by calling 866-211-6588. If you have received care at Nantucket Cottage Hospital in the past you are already registered, however, it is a good idea to confirm and update your information by calling the number above. Hours of operation to call and register: 7:30 a.m. – 6 p.m. Mon-Thurs; and 7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. on Fridays.