Vote early and often!
It’s time for another Literary Pet Photo Contest brought to you by the Nantucket Book Foundation!
In 2020, they raised nearly $7000 with this fun furry-friend contest, and in 2019 they were able to raise almost $16,000. All proceeds benefit the year-round work of the Nantucket Book Foundation.
Here’s how it works:
- Contest runs from October 1, 2021 at 8 am EST – October 31, 2021 at 10 pm EST.
- The winners will be announced on November 1, 2021.
- To submit your pet’s photo, a minimum $25 donation is required. This amount will enter your photo into the contest plus give you 5 votes. The entry fee will be included in the overall funds donated to your campaign.
- Each dollar donated to a pet’s campaign represents one vote. Minimum 5 votes ($5) required to vote in contest.
- All donations (votes) must be submitted online and are final.
The photo that wins first place will be on the cover of the 2022 calendar and the featured photo on the month of their choice. The next 11 runners-up will be each be featured on the other months of the 2022 calendar.
Volunteers and staff of the Nantucket Book Foundation believe that reading is a key to a life of curiosity and imagination, a wider view of the world and all its peoples, and a way to understand others different from ourselves, so that we may come closer together, to make life richer and better for all.
These ideas are the bedrock upon which we built the Nantucket Book Foundation, and that mission remains the same today. That and making certain that our audiences, both at the Festival and in our schools and community, have a great experience!
The Nantucket Book Festival is a multi-day cultural event celebrating the rich literary resources of Nantucket’s past, present and future. The Festival seeks to create and renew enthusiasm for books, connect authors and readers, encourage a love of reading and writing among young people, raise funds for literary causes, and promote Nantucket Island as an oasis and haven for the literary arts.
“The most significant part of our work is not the celebration of the written word, but the heights to which those words serve to elevate the thinking lives of our audiences. We are changing perspectives and hopefully changing lives by bringing in the prism and perspective of some of the finest minds in the literary world.” Annye Camara, Board Director and Past-President, Nantucket Book Foundation.
Please enter, spread the word, and vote all month long! For more rules and information, visit our photo contest web page.